Sunday, August 21, 2011

Hairspray - the true story


I nearly overdosed on hairspray, but I made it.  I haven't seen so much hair lacquer since the primary school production in Year 7 - sixty 12 year old  girls, one room, pre-performance jitters - it was character building.  School Ball, "prees" (pre-ball drinks), "afters" (afterball party) tick.  Girlchild returned so exhausted she can't speak.  Sanity - intact, almost.  Finances - crumbling. And oh yes - another working week to look forward to.

A glorious, sunny, warm weekend. Right now the wind is howling and thunder threatening but the washing is dry, and it's dark, so I have no more need to be outside.  I tripped over this earlier and so have spent a few hours working on it - doesn't look like this any more but you will have to wait to see the finished product.

The manchild, on the run from ball hysteria, hid out at mine and had a quiet day.  He had a bit of a sleep in so I got some time to work on some semi-assembled projects and recover a bit of the kitchen table's surface.  It's that time of year again.





No comments:

Post a Comment